Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thinking...


Final Project Idea:

Craft a website
Set up a blog
Set up an email for the project

So, for my final project, I'm dealing with the idea of what we get out of suffering, whether on a betterment of self basis, or a religious basis. And, to start, I have a whole conceptual basis to draw from.

So, for my project, the form is mostly based on the conceptual analysis of how this idea is evolving. So, the bulk of the project will be the why, how, what of what is going to happen because this project is extensive and requires multiple participants (and lots of time). But, essentially, what I’m wanting to do is take myself and apply all of the parameters—why, how and what of the meaning of suffering and draw a picture based on this. I started getting involved in this process of what part an individual plays in a composition through means of this self-portrait a while ago:


Dealing with the idea of body/soul, I started to go back to the basics that "connected" us all--and I found that everyone bears a burden. Who was it that said, "Be kind, for everyone you meet is facing some kind of battle"? Well, it is true. So, I want to describe the value of suffering (if it has a value) to aid the viewer in questioning their own ideas as well as coming away with answers.

Trust me, I have a whole lot of research, interview snippets, books, drawings, sketches, ideas of how the installation will look. SO! haha sorry for all of that, but you'll have to trust me: it's gonna work out in the end ;) Just gotta be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment